How To Apply For The UK Scale Up Worker Visa Successfully
Are you a tech professional looking to migrate to the UK easily from outside the UK or seeking for ways to extend your stay permanently? This detailed video on the UK Scale Up VISA would greatly excite you!
OVERVIEW OF THE UK SCALE UP VISA
So, the UK Government has just opened a new visa route called the “Scale-Up” visa route. The Scale-Up visa allows you to come live and work in a UK company for a fast-growing UK business, called a ‘scale-up business’. A Scale-Up is a company with at least 20% month-on-month growth rate in turnover and employees. Scale-ups evolve from startups as they cross the growth chasm.
Now, the scale-up visa allows businesses to employ high-skilled individuals who will receive two years’ leave to remain in the UK, and you can move with your family.
BENEFITS OF UK SCALE UP VISA
- You can bring your family with you
- You can work for any company of your choice after the first 6 months with your first sponsor company
- It could eventually lead to Indefinite Leave to remain and Citizenship
ELIGIBILITY FOR UK SCALE UP VISA
To qualify for a Scale-up Worker visa, you must:
Have a confirmed job offer to work for an approved scale-up business for at least 6 months with a minimum annual salary of £33,000. Have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK. Have a job offer to do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations. Professions eligible for the scale-up visa include Scientists, Engineers, Programmers, Software developers, Research and development professionals, Economists, Architects, Technicians, Financial and investment advisers.
APPLICATION COST FOR UK SCALE UP VISA
You, your partner or children will each need to:
a) Pay the £715 application fee
b) Pay the £470 healthcare surcharge for each year of your stay
c) Prove you have enough personal savings
If applying as a single person, you must have at least £1,270 in your bank account for at least 28 days in a row to show you can support yourself in the UK.
If coming with family, your partner and children must have a certain amount of money available to support themselves while they’re in the UK.
Specifically, you’ll need an additional
- £285 for your partner
- £315 for one child
- £200 for each additional child
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR UK SCALE UP VISA
When you apply you’ll need to provide:
- Your certificate of sponsorship reference number – your employer will give you this
- Proof of your knowledge of English
- A valid passport or other document that shows your identity and nationality
- Your job title and annual salary
- Your job’s occupation code
- The name of your employer and their sponsor licence number – this will be on your certificate of sponsorship
SCALEUPS IN THE UK
According to the ScaleUp Institute’s analysis of Office for National Statistics figures, there were 36,510 firms with a 20% annual increase in growth of employees or turnover in 2019, employing 3.2 million people and generating a total turnover of £1.1 trillion for the UK economy. To see a list of these scale-up companies, simply visit the Scale Up Institute website HERE.
PROCESSING TIMELINE FOR UK SCALE UP VISA
Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision within 3 weeks.
Also, you’ll be contacted if your application will take longer, for example because:
- Your supporting documents need to be verified
- You need to attend an interview
- Your personal circumstances, for example if you have a criminal conviction
Now, if you qualify and belong to this class of people, simply go ahead and APPLY HERE.